Noom is a popular health and fitness app that helps users in achieving their fitness goals with the help of adopting a healthy and balanced diet. A major reason behind the massive popularity of Noom is that it is not similar to other apps that often provide an inflexible diet system for all.
Instead, Noom is focused on personalizing the diet as per your specific body and fitness goals. Nevertheless, many users have the concern that does Noom really work. So, it is important to answer this question in detail.
Let’s explore the different aspects of Noom in detail.
Key Features of Noom
Noom is primarily a weight loss program that is meant to help you achieve fitness goals by losing weight. It works by creating a calorie deficit on the basis of your estimated calorie intake requirements. Noom considers various factors in making a personalized diet plan. Some of these most important factors are age, gender, height, weight, and other such vital metrics.
A major difference between Noom and other dieting apps is that Noom is more focused on behavioural changes to help you adopt a healthier lifestyle and balanced diet. As a result, it can be said that Noom is much better at living a healthy life instead of following any fad diet.
Lifestyle Coaching is an important section of Noom where you get different tips and tricks to handle your physical and mental health. It also provides lessons about how you can counter negative thoughts and also deal with cravings for food that might be restricted in your diet.
When you are using Noom to lose weight, the app requires you to weigh in every morning immediately after waking up because you have not consumed any food or water that can add weight to the scale. It will help you in keeping an accurate and complete record of your weight loss journey.
Other than weight, there are also other metrics that you can record in Noom, such as exercise duration, blood pressure, and sugar levels. It ultimately helps you in achieving a healthier lifestyle.
The feature of tracking meals on Noom is its primary functionality. There are three different ways of tracking and logging your meals:
- You can use the ‘Search’ option to find the dish. Noom has a massive database of different types of dishes, so there is a high chance that you’ll be able to find the dish in the database.
- You can scan the barcodes of ingredients of pre-packaged foods to streamline your meal tracking process.
- Noom also provides the option of customizing your own dish from scratch. This option is more complicated than the other two options because you will be responsible for inputting the ingredients and portion sizes to get a correct calorie count.
Noom has a very systematic method of providing you with a list of different foods on the basis of their calories. These food items are divided into three major categories:
1. Orange Foods
Orange foods are the foods that are most calorie dense, such as red meat, processed food, and cheese. Even a small portion of these food items can be detrimental to your weight loss journey because they have fewer nutrients and too many calories.
2. Yellow Foods
This category has food items such as legumes, lean meats, fish, avocados, and other vegetables with high fat. These foods have moderate calories count and also provide a significant amount of good nutrients.
3. Green Foods
The green food category contains the most healthy food items with low caloric density and high quantity of nutrients. Some of the food items included in this category are fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other such food with a low-calorie count.
Key Benefits of Noom
The following are the key benefits of Noom:
- It provides quality and reliable information in terms of the nutritional value and calories you get from different food items.
- Comprehensive diet plans can be made with Noom as per your specific needs and fitness goals.
- Noom has various personalization features through which you can have a clear plan to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- The fitness guidelines and diet plan of Noom are easy to follow.
- Noom has a very large community in the form of coaches and support groups through which you can interact with people on a similar fitness journey.
What Users Have to Say About Noom?
The most important thing to consider about Noom or any other fitness app is their reviews to determine if they have worked for other users. Noom, specifically, enjoys massive popularity with 10M+ downloads and 304K reviews on Google Play Store alone. The majority of these reviews are positive, and users often share how they have managed to lose a lot of weight with Noom.
Therefore, the answer to the question,’ Does Noom really work?’ is that yes, Noom definitely works. If you want to lose weight and achieve your fitness goals, you should definitely consider using Noom and following its diet plan.